After publication of this work , PLOS ONE was notified of several concerns:
- The second and third authors (DK, MH) were not aware of and did not approve this submission to PLOS ONE; MH passed away in 2016, before this manuscript was submitted to PLOS ONE. Incorrect email addresses for these authors were provided to the journal when the manuscript was submitted.
- Questions were raised as to whether the corresponding author had appropriate permissions to publish the data, and whether author contributions had been accurately reported.
- The research reported in Figs 1–3 and the qPCR data for PPARα and PPARγ were reported in a previously published article  that was not cited or discussed in .
In light of these concerns, the authors and PLOS ONE Editors retract this article .
ZW, DK, and ZB agreed with the retraction.
- 1. Wang Z, Koonen D, Hofker M, Bao Z (2018) 5-aminosalicylic acid improves lipid profile in mice fed a high-fat cholesterol diet through its dual effects on intestinal PPARγ and PPARα. PLoS ONE 13(1): e0191485. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0191485 pmid:29352300
- 2. Wang Z and Bao Z (2017) Effect of anti-gut inflammatory agent on insulin resistance and lipid profile of mice fed different diets. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 16(11): 2651–2658. (http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/tjpr.v16i11.12)
Citation: Wang Z, Koonen D, Hofker M, Bao Z, the PLOS ONE Editors (2018) Retraction: 5-aminosalicylic acid improves lipid profile in mice fed a high-fat cholesterol diet through its dual effects on intestinal PPARγ and PPARα. PLoS ONE 13(7): e0200947. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0200947
Published: July 12, 2018
Copyright: © 2018 Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.