There is an error in this paper. A factor of 1/2 has been omitted in the definition of a variable, in the following places in the paper:
- Results, first sentence: "theta^+ = theta + dtheta" and "theta^- = theta—dtheta" should be replaced by "theta^+ = theta + dtheta/2" and "theta^- = theta—dtheta/2"
- Methods section 1, second sentence, same correction as above.
- Methods section 2, second sentence, same correction as above.
- Methods section 3, second sentence, "theta +/- dtheta" should be replaced by "theta +/- dtheta/2"
- Equation 9, both appearances of "dtheta" should be replaced by "dtheta/2"
- Equation 12, "dtheta" should be replaced by "dtheta/2"
Please note that the factor is only missing in the definition of the variable, but it is correctly assumed in the equations that use that variable, as well as in the simulations, therefore this correction does not affect any of the results.
The authors thank Qianli Yang for pointing out the error.
Citation: The PLOS Computational Biology Staff (2016) Correction: Measuring Fisher Information Accurately in Correlated Neural Populations. PLoS Comput Biol 12(5): e1004945. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004945
Published: May 20, 2016
Copyright: © 2016 The PLOS Computational Biology Staff. This is an open access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.